OLG Gaming

Video games are an ideal preparation for the interactive, iterative, multitasking, and collaborative world into which our kids are coming of age, a world they will need to navigate, lead, and, by their leadership, transform. -Cathy N. Davidson

Contract

Everyone that aspires to be on this committee is doing so on a trial basis. We will level up and become team members in January if we accomplish certain tasks, and will be distinguished with identifying T-shirts (designed by one of you and voted by the group).

We will meet at least twice per month at a time approved by the group. We will set the following meeting each time we convene.

In order to participate, you must honor the following contract:

1. You must turn in your reading log and comple your Goodreads reviews. This committee is extra work for me, and I’m happy to do it as long as you’re doing the regular work required for my class.

2. You have been using your iPad responsibly. This is a new idea for the school, and if you want people in our community to take our committee seriously, you will be looked at as a model of technology use. This means, if you are gaming in any of your classes, without specific teacher permission, you will be choosing to opt out. The honor of your committee comes first. If you do something to compromise the reputation of the committee, you are not ready to represent our cause.

3. You are in charge of where this project takes us, because you are the experts. You will be finding the tools we use online. If the group agrees we need to read something or try a game before our next meeting, we all need to be prepared to do so.

I certify that I have thoroughly read this contract and that I will abide by it. By commenting below, I pledge to adhere to the stipulations listed above. I am agreeing to this contract by my own free will, and by pledging to adhere to each clause in the comments below, I am promising that I understand and will follow the guidelines listed.

I understand that breach of contract will result in a group conversation and documentation on the first two instances, followed by immediate dismissal on the third instance.

This contract is subject to be amended pending a unanimous vote within the group.